Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jps.... ummm.. BB6 :)  (Read 7606 times)
JPsBB6
DEPOG

OEM Parts Whore

« on: February 16, 2012, 07:41:50 am »

***Sadie***

So here's my story.

I got my first Honda in 2007 when I was 18. My grandparents gave me their 1991 Accord as a birthday / graduation present. After having my 91 Ranger around for a couple years, this thing felt like a Bentley to me. It was an SE model, too, which meant it came with black leather seats. I loved the car to death.

After a little while, the mod bug bit me, and I wanted to change some things to it. I got some wheels of a friend for $100, a red valve cover, a Pioneer head unit, and an AEM short ram intake.

This car always stayed clean, just because I am a clean freak, lol. I had alot of plans for it, too, including adjustable coilovers and an Apex'i WS2 exhaust, an H22 and a manual swap. The only thing I was lacking was money. And since I was just starting college and worked part-time, there wasn't much of it. But I did what I could to it.

November 22, 2007. Thanksgiving. I drove it up to my other grandparents house for Thanksgiving dinner. I was excited, because this was the first time I was able to drive anywhere on a holiday by myself. (Parents usually drove.)

Well, everyone left, and I followed my parents home in the Accord. We came to a stop light, and instead of following them, I decided to take my shortcut on one of my favorite backroads that I always took. Bad idea.

This was easily the worst night of my life. I cried that night.

Thank god that I came out of that with only a scratch. How? I dunno.... Something was definitely watching over me that night.

So after that, I went back to driving my Ranger that I used to drive. As crappy as this truck looked, this thing was damn dependable. The only problem I had out of it was that it sometimes had a rough idle, and that the spade connecter liked to come off the starter, lol. This thing was my baby, my first car (err... truck).

The reason I wanted to get something else was that the thing was dog slow. I did plan on boosting it, but I wanted something reliable. And I wanted something that had more space. And was faster. And had power locks. And ABS. And airbags. And AC. And power steering. Also, rust was eating the poor thing alive. I would have fixed it, but back to that whole money thing....

So I drove my Ranger for about two years. During this time, I was trying to find something else to drive. I wanted another Honda, because I wanted to finish what I started, in a way... I wanted another CB7, or an EM1 or a DC2, but I didn't want to have to worry about it being stolen everywhere I went. And everyone and their mom has one, and I wanted to be different. A friend suggested a Prelude, which I had thought about, but figured it was out of my price range. Sure enough, I found some that were cheap enough to give me hope.

So the search was on!

I saved up all my money for those two years, which really sucked. My goal was to have a car by Easter '09. Which didnt happen. I think the problem was I was trying to find something that didn't exist. I wanted a '99-01 black Prelude with under 100k miles for around 7,500.

So after looking at a couple 'ludes that I thought would have met the criteria, I said something about trying to find a BB6 on my Accord forum I was still on. And low and behold:

Quote from: Previous Owner
I'm selling my prelude next month as I'm trying to buy a 07 STi limited. I owe some money on it, but its clean and has some tasteful mods with super low miles. Make me an offer. Maybe we can get things done within a week or so.

So after sleeping on it, I replied back that I would take it. I wanted a black or EBP lude, but silver was fine. So on June 2nd, 2009, my best friend and I made the 4 hour trip to New York.

And I came back with this:

(Sellers pics)

2000 Prelude base with 77,000 miles on it. And I got it for my 7,500. And it already had some things done to it that I planned on doing. Man, I was a happy camper. :colgate:

And that is where this story started.

Paint Color: B-91M a.k.a. Crystal Blue Metallic

Engine:
-H22A4
-AEM Short Ram Intake
-Bpi flowstack w/ K&N Filter
-Solid Motor Mounts
-Shaved Valve Cover
-Password:JDM Carbon Fiber Spark Plug Cover
-DC Sports Header
-Megan Racing Test Pipe
-Random Technology High Flow Cat. (uninstalled atm.)
-NGK Spark Plug Wires
-NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
-Godspeed Dual Core Radiator
-Mishimoto Radiator Shroud w/ Dual Slim Fans
-Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
-Spoon Reservoir Tank Covers
-Apex'i WSII Exhaust
-Mild Wire Tuck
-Battery Relocation

Transmission:
-M2Y4
-Bisimoto 8.9lb Flywheel
-Exedy Stage 1 Clutch w/ Organic Disc
-PSPEC Short Shifter

Brakes:
-Hawk HPS Pads all the way around
-EBC USR Slotted Rotors Front & Back
-Motul Brake Fluid

Interior:
-Mugen Shift Knob
-Painted Gauge Rings Mod
-Integra Shift Boot Mod
-'Fugen (Fake Mugen) (C'mon, it was a gift!) pedals
-JDM Cup Holder
-Domo Keychain.
-DIY Floor Lights
-SH Rear Deck

Wheels/Tires:
-Type SH wheels with Continental DWS Tires 205/50/16
-Stock Base Blades
-16" Mazda6 Steel Wheels painted black with a Chevy orange lip

Exterior:
-Blackhoused TSX Retrofits with Infinity Ballasts
-Debadged 'PRELUDE' From Rear Bumper
-Debadged 'DOHC VTEC' from trunk
-S Spec Badge
-OEM Front Lip (Black for now)
-OEM Fog Lights w/ Luminics 'JDM Yellow' Bulbs
-Tinted Tail Lights (just the lower half)
-Power Folding Mirrors
-OEM Hood Bra

Suspension:
-Tein Basic Coilovers
-Spoon Strut Bars Front & Rear
-EM Racing C-Pillar Bar

Audio:
-Kenwood KDC-X792 Headunit
-Single Memphis 12" M-Class Sub
-Sealed Sub Box made by yours truly
-Ancient Kenwood KAC-719 Amplifier

-To be done by Spring (Hopefully..)

-Lip Kit paint matched and installed
-Blades powdercoated and wrapped in yokohama s-drives
-Install SH door lights
-lots and lots of suspension work/refreshing.  Wink

Most Current Pics

So there you have it. That's how my journey started. Leave a comment!:wavey:

The rest of the story
V
V
V
(the rest of the thread, lol)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 08:27:08 am by JPsBB6 » Logged

escape
Baller Status
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 03:05:48 pm »

Now this is how you do a Members' Rides thread.

Lazarky:  mi vtec se ase BBWAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

2012 Honda Fit Sport
1997-98 Honda Prelude Base
ogsmakdade
parts hoarder
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 04:47:01 pm »

^ hell yes.

DEPOG (Delaware Prelude Owners Group)
JPsBB6
DEPOG

OEM Parts Whore

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 08:53:03 pm »

Time to update this thing....

C pillar bar is now actually in (cut panels to fit it, finally, lol.), along with the oem optional rear window shade.

Smiley

OEM car cover:

Still waiting to put these guys in...

Only real purchase made in a while. Skunk2 Version 1 intake manifold and Omnipower 68mm throttle body. $170 for both.  Grin It was one of those things that you can't not get, lol.

During the pita install. (First time doing one on a Honda, I can do an im on a Neon with my eyes closed, lol.)

End product:

How it sounds: (click picture to play)

Chillin' at work:

Hard core cleaning session today: (Mothers 3 stage wax, clay bar, and misc. cleaning)

I forgot what the sideskirts looked like, lol.  Tongue

Finally got rid of this thing:

Getting rid of some rust from under the spoiler. Theres still more work to be done:

And yes, Josh, I put it back on..  Roll Eyes

And it's supposed to rain tomorrow, lol. But I gotta say, it was a good way to spend the day off. Considering I got paid for it. (Pto ftmfw!)

Wing8806
DEPOG

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 10:47:57 pm »

haha you knew i'd bring it up if you hadn't

lookin good as always Jake!

lets see how well that cover holds up... although it's not like you won't drive the car for the 2 day's it'll be raining lol
ogsmakdade
parts hoarder
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 07:24:37 am »

awesome.

I'm not happy with the PP welding rod I have so I'm ordering new stuff...  I'll have your headlight done within the next couple of weeks, promised.

DEPOG (Delaware Prelude Owners Group)
JPsBB6
DEPOG

OEM Parts Whore

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 07:28:58 pm »

Okie doke. The sooner, the better. I've been getting the itch to get them in, lol.  Tongue

No real hurry, though. I want to put them in after I get the lip kit painted. Which won't be for a bit...

JPsBB6
DEPOG

OEM Parts Whore

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 06:50:57 pm »

A more 'current' pic of the car when it was in its prime last year... Can't wait to get it looking like this again, lol. (I put the SH wheels and took the lip kit off for the winter)

IMG_9954edit by JPsBB6, on Flickr

Some things I have collected that will be put on this spring:

Eyelids:

Whoever says these are hard to put in must have been did it wrong. It took me maybe 15 minutes to put it in. Just don't ask me to turn it on...

Finally got the guts to cut my door panels for my Type SH courtesy lights. Just have to get them wired up, which won't be for a bit (Not having a garage in the winter SUCKS!)

Another pic of the header I picked up on Friday from lemonracer (on pp.com)

Also have a Progress rear sway waiting to go in as well...

Also plan on making up a 3" exhaust going to the Megaphone Dunk I have. That's all I really have planned other than maint. stuff I need to do (t-belt, valve adjustment, fluid changes, tires for both wheels, etc..)

Wing8806
DEPOG

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 07:51:03 pm »

I'm a little experienced in doing a timing belt now..... if you need help Tongue

y u no update moar oftn?
JPsBB6
DEPOG

OEM Parts Whore

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 10:18:59 pm »

Forgot about this / nothing really crazy going on with it at the moment...

And i'll keep ya updated on that. Wink

preludecentral.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: