Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: HELP! MY CAR IS BROKE DOWN!  (Read 4870 times)
89preludechick
n00b

« on: December 13, 2006, 06:55:16 pm »

Hi to all who reads this message. I need your help! i have an 89 prelude and it has broken down. It turns over when i put the key in to try and start it and it acts like it will start but never does. Right before it died, it made this really loud grinding sound and my car began to shake and then instantly die. So my boyfriend and me had to push it out of the road. It is sitting in my school parking lot right now. Any one have any suggestions at what my problem could be or how to fix it. My boyfriend drives a volkswagen and doesn't know much about the Honda engine. So any help in figuring out what is wrong is greatly appreciated!
THANKS AGAIN! Smiley
lvlrkmart
Lude Enthusiast

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 08:08:45 pm »

the grinding sound doesnt make sense to me.. is this auto or 5-spd..?

the only way the grind could occur from an auto is if u were moving and threw the car in park or reverse on accident.. and caused the tranny to go bad...

but besides the tranny... you say it cranks like wanting to start..

in that case, id first try and jump ur car.. see if it will start that way..

then if u get it running, try getting to autozone if one is near.. they will do a free battery, alternator, starter check..

inform us if more help is needed

absntmnd69
PC Regular

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 09:11:30 pm »

threw a rod...mine did that almost a year ago...will be a year in about 1 week. only thing u can do is swap the motor. then take to old motor and tear it down to see what happened...like i did. mine was a combination of low oil, over rev and the balance shaft belt breaking

Lola FTW!!
#1- Richmond Luderz (CEO)
#3- Club Ultimate Sleeper
I <3 PHOTOSHOP ^^
SPREAD THE WORD, WE NEED MORE MEMBERS!!!!!
BA8DDuckSIrt
n00b

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 09:14:48 am »

Quote from: "absntmnd69"
threw a rod...mine did that almost a year ago...will be a year in about 1 week. only thing u can do is swap the motor. then take to old motor and tear it down to see what happened...like i did. mine was a combination of low oil, over rev and the balance shaft belt breaking

this man is absolutley right our b20 and b21 are known for rod chucking. honda built these motors to see which luders luder could chuck the #3 rod the farthest.but being serious though keep the lude and swap it h22 or jdm b20

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211212
http://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257172
preludecentral.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: